Intermountain Healthcare Electrician-Licensed in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position is responsible for performing electrical duties in and around the buildings of the hospital, as assigned. Able to perform electrical construction duties on in house maintenance or construction projects.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs preventative maintenance on assigned electrical equipment to ensure optimum operation, efficiency and safety requirements that meet facility standards and regulatory requirements.
- 2. Performs corrective maintenance and repairs, including documentation on defective electrical equipment to ensure equipment operate in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- 3. Performs installation of electrical equipment as required to ensure optimum safety and efficiency.
- 4. Performs electrical work on all maintenance or construction jobs to National Electrical Code Standards. Complies with all federal, state, local and Joint Commission standards.
- 5. Communicates effectively with department manager and staff at all levels to promote effective repairs and good customer relations.
- 6. Complies with all department policies and expectations including but not limited to the following: Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of present policies and procedures for the department and facility. Submits accurate and timely time keeping documentation. Attends department meetings and training as assigned. Performs job-related duties which may include on call availability, event investigation, cross training, and maintenance of proper supply and part levels. Maintains tools and test equipment in proper operating condition.
- 7. Performs inspections on all incoming equipment according to engineering guidelines.
- 8. Lays out and coordinates electrical work with other trades on projects. Plans and estimates electrical projects including manpower and materials. Reads and utilizes blueprints.
- 9. Prioritizes workloads and manages time effectively with minimal supervision.
- 10. Directs the work of others. Guides and mentors apprentice electricians.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes. Click here to check out our benefits.
- Shift Details: Full-time, 40 hrs/wk
- Department: Plant Operation
- Additional Details: Will rotate on call with the other electricians
- Journeyman Electrician License
- Four years electrical experience
- Ability to trouble-shoot electrical circuitry, electronic controls, mechanical equipment, pneumatic equipment and DDC, and read and interpret technical documentation
- Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling / Pushing, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing
- Trade school completion
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time